Thursday, April 2, 2009

Food and (no) Exercise 7 (I ate too much I feel sick, wahh)

-hemp oatmeal (160 cals) with 1 tbsp cashew butter (90 cals)

-granny smith apple (80 cals)

-iced coffee (10 cals)

-strawberries (45 cals)

-organic string cheese (80 cals)

-10 cal per serving vitamin water (15 cals)

-3 spinach & artichoke veggie bites (190 cals)

-8 potato wedge fries with spices and a little organic ketchup (100 cals)

-6 oz tilapia (150ish cals) with lemon garlic seasoning (25 cals)

-lima beans (75 cals)

-water (only 35 oz so far :(-still drinking-Aiming for at least 65) (0 cals)

-organic fat free milk (80 cals)

-almond joy frosted vanilla cupcake (I'm guessing 300? cals)



total: 1400 (wow...I didn't even plan to make it exactly 1400! Guess it's becoming second nature. Sorta). 


It was all really good (I cooked dinner for my Mom's b-day and had my fingers crossed that it would come out OK), but I kinda wolfed it all down and didn't even need to eat that much. I feel kinda blah and weighed down now. That's what I get, I guess. But we were trying to hurry, so she could open her presents lol. Plus the dogs kept jumping on me grrr (I was eating on the couch in my parents room and the dogs are little and were sitting on each side of me lol..rude!). I still feel like I calculated wrong or something tho...can't believe I ate all that (granted it was only 2 full meals and a snack, but still...dessert too!) for exactly my planned calories. Awesome. Even though it takes some thought and planning, this whole watching calories business is so easy. I should know, I've done it so many times before, sometimes obsessively so, but it's been awhile since I took it seriously :-P. 


I don't go to sleep 'til around 3am (shuttup..), so if I get a little hungry later I'lll still prob only try to have more water and maybe some hot tea or something. My problems usually start when I eat late at nite...


It's been fun for me too to discover all these old foods (and some new) that I've always liked/been curious about, but kinda quit eating. Like the whole array of fake meat products and such. I used to (and still sort of do, but sort of not) hate most unhealthy foods (fried stuff and the like), and my main weakness has always been sweets, but the past 2 years or so I was trying things more like fried chicken, etc. and...why? There's really no need to "make" yourself like food that's terrible for you in the first place. So dumb. Especially when I KNOW I like the healthy options more anyway! What was I thinking? Clearly I wasn't...


I'm so pissed off too! I usually do the bulk of my grocery shopping at health food-type stores, but I ran into a regular grocery store (owned by Safeway) today and I couldn't find one bottle of pre-made cocktail sauce without high fructose corn syrup. What is that?! SO unnecessary and infuriating! I've also been buying these soy dreamer ice cream sandwiches, but my Dad and brother both keep eating them all before I get a chance to even have one grr, but anyway...I forget what ingredients they have, but today I decided to try the tofutti cutie brand and didn't look at the label 'til I got home..and yep, you guessed it...HFCS--WTF?! Ughhhh.


No exercise...AGAIN :(. I did walk in the CRAZY ASS wind throughout campus (and had to push through the wind...),but that's life...not so much counted as exercise LOL. Still, burned a few calories :-P. I REALLY need to step that up. Not to make excuses for myself, because I could have (and should have) done way more, but it was a somewhat different week with a birthday and a concert, but still. Not good enough! I expect more from myself. I feel really crappy now tho from eating a little too much, so maybe in an hour if I feel OK I might do a low-impact workout dvd just to say I did something. I'll edit this post if I do and let you know lol. 


I did weigh myself this morning though and I've lost 4 lbs this week, despite having 7 alcoholic drinks on Tuesday. Not too shabby! Hopefully it will keep coming off!


XO,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment