Saturday, April 11, 2009

Food and (no) Exercise 16


-another ham/turkey/blahblah wrap (225 cals)

-bowl of organic strawberries and blackberries (75 cals)

-water (75 oz) (0 cals)

-iced tea (0 cals)

-2 small squares of milk chocolate (50 cals)

-2 small squares of dark chocolate (65 cals)

-low carb/gluten free spaghetti marinara with a few bites of grilled chicken (300 cals?)

-side salad with balsamic (125 cals?)

-few bites of gluten free-cake (150 cals?)


tentative total: 990 calories


Kind of ironic that the days I undereat on my calories are the days I feel by far the most full. And even though I ate dinner out tonite I picked a healthy-ish restaurant (it's a place that caters towards those who are intolerant to gluten, but they're willing to work with ALL allergies. I don't think it's necessarily lower in calories or fat, but it's definitely better for you than most other places, even if you do get the higher-calorie entrees. But to be honest, I only went because the cake sounded good and I need to find a good place to make my birthday cake in a couple weeks, LOL). I know I really shouldn't ever let myself go under 1200 calories, but I get full SO fast now. I always have, I think that's why I'm inherently more of a grazer than a meal eater, but I also don't want to make myself sick, ya know? I am borderline sickly now I feel so full and I even took home most of the chicken, a little of the pasta, etc. Not to mention I ate chocolate and cake and everything. Amazing how I can be SO low on calories and still eat all that. I think the fat flush tortillas I'm so obsessed with are partially to "blame." Not that I'm unhappy in the least, it just seems like they keep me SO full, especially if I eat them early in the day. 


I'm slowly (but surely) re-learning appropriate portions for my body to feel nourished, but not to overdo it. It's going to take time, but I'm on my way. I still am trying to understand why I feel sick SO often after I eat. I always have and no one knows why. It's not an every day thing even, but frequent enough to be bothersome. Hopefully by keeping this blog I can be more in tune with how I feel after I eat certain things and come to a better understanding. 


Today was a really lethargic day, even more so than yesterday. I'm starting to make myself uber guilty about not exercising, but considering I ate under 1,000 calories it was probably for the best. My pic whoring has shown me that my waist and such is looking smaller, I just REALLY want to start toning up more and having killer arms. Looking hot in a bathing suit wouldn't hurt either, but I digress. As I've mentioned before, I just hope I'm at least on OK terms with my body by my June vacation, and I fear that despite eating well, my infrequent workout schedule is going to severely hinder my progress. I really need to quit talking and start doing. For real.


XO,

Amanda


More self-indulgent pics:




No comments:

Post a Comment