Thursday, April 30, 2009

Food and (no) Exercise 33

My brother and me in my new dress. I look kinda fat there, pretty sure it looked better in person. Hopefully lol. Hard to see, but it has ruffles all over the front and cute flutter sleeves




-caramel chocolate brownie luna bar (not v. good) (190 cals)

-turkey sub on wheat from Great Outdoors (365 cals)

-iced tea (0 cals)

-taro bubble tea slushie (400 cals?)

-water (over 90 oz) (0 cals)

-tiny piece of polenta with tiny portobello mushroom and one or two pieces of zucchini in mezzaluna sauce (365 cals?)

-sample of spaghetti (50 cals?)

-sample of spinach artichoke dip & calamari (175 cals?)

-2 (delicious) glasses of pinot noir (170 cals)

-grande soy latte (170 cals)

-vitamuffin top (100 cals)

-organic strawberries (35 cals)

-club soda (0 cals)


tentative total: 2020 calories (and I was probably being conservative in my estimations)



yeah, I kinda couldn't wait to take a big bite out of it first. NOMMY.


That many cals= Gross. I knew the bubble tea + going out to dinner was going to be a bad combo, but I've been CRAVING the bubble tea for days now and had to have it. I was all excited about the mushroom/polenta dish, but daaamn. I wish I had taken a pic. It was seriously practically NO food. For $14. What?! I could have had the giant bowls of pasta for $11 or some yummy snapper and artichokes for $23, which would have been worth it to actually leave not still starving lol. The spaghetti I tried tasted like vomit too. Seriously. Glad I didn't order that sauce. I really did like the restaurant tho. It took the place of a different italian restaurant I'd been to once before and LOVED. I still wish the old place hadn't gone out of business, but this place was pretty lol. It was very nice seeing my cousin and her boyfriend, so it was worth it. It just sucks I ate so many calories. But the bubble tea kinda sabotaged me from the beginning of the day anyway. Mmm taro. 




Kinda dumb about the latte too. Why do I keep forgetting to order americanos w/ a splash of soy? That'd be more like 25 cals for the same taste! For 170 cals I would have rather had double the wine LOL. But soy lattes are just so good and it's almost too hot for them! (I don't like soy milk in iced lattes nearly as much). 


I also wanted to mention something I forgot to tell you guys yesterday. Alongside my salmon I made a little low-cal homemade tartar sauce. Instead of using mayo or something fatty (and nasty tasting, imo) like that, I just took a tablespoon or two of non fat greek yogurt and mixed it with dill relish and lemon juice and wa la! Nice and light, but still flavorful. 


Not much else to say. I suck at working out when I'm in school (excuses, excuses), so no news there. I did do a little bit of walking today (from my parents office to Great Outdoors + from the bubble tea place to meet my Mom at Q-Doba, but both of those walks were super short, so I don't count that as exercise). 


I have another long day of class tomorrow, so this time I made sure to pack food I know I like and can eat, so I'm not forced to get chips again. 


XO,

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try that bubble tea, but there isnt one near me!
    I suck at working out while at school too. I just cant get motivated. Im just so tired at the end of the day. =/

    ReplyDelete