Sunday, April 26, 2009

Food and (no) Exercise 29


-hemp oatmeal with 1/2 tbsp cashew butter (205 cals)

-small organic apple (75 cals)

-1 cup of organic low sodium chicken broth with 4 small sized matoh balls (110 cals)

-2 chinese 88 martinis (gin, lemon juice, splash of sparkling wine) (500 cals?)

-3 chicken lettuce wraps (225 cals)

-a little less than 1/2 piece of oolong seabass (135 cals)

-samples of: brown rice with chili sauce, spinach, eggplant, garlic noodles, green tea soba noodles, ginger chicken (I'm gonna guess...550 cals?)

-shot glass of chocolate cake (150 cals)

-water (60 oz? not sure) (0 cals)


tentative total: 1950 calories


Yeaaaaaah. Not much to say about that except MMM MMM BAD (errr except..it was really good!) 



I am proud of myself for really cutting back on my drinking. Granted I drink on a semi-more frequent basis than I may have at one point (prob now would be 1-4 days a week, 1-2 on average), BUT instead of drinking 7-15 drinks in a sitting I'm even MORE content with 1-2. I used to keep going until I felt almostdrunk and even then some (and I had a SCARY HIGH tolerance then too), but now I seem to get a little tiny buzz after a couple and am happy with that, and in fact don't want more. If I'm on vaca with a group of friends or with a friend I haven't seen in awhile or some special occassion like that I may overindulge a little (but again, no where NEAR as much as I used to back in the day). Any other family bday celebration and I'd have ordered 3, 4, 5 cocktails and came home and possibly drank even more. And why? What's the point? Sure it feels fun, but it also feels horrible in the morning, it disrupts your sleep, it's full of empty calories, makes your liver work harder than it's programmed to, and so on. I'm also finding myself HATING even slightly sweet drinks. I've never been much of a sweet drink person, despite my sugar addiction, but I was a fan of the pomegranate martini or the like from time to time. Now I can handle about one and then have to switch back to something more plain/strong/neutral. I probably should have done that tonite as well, but the first martini had a nice sour taste to it. The second was a little more sweet. REALLY good martini tho, I def. recommend it. 


Also: Here's hoping my acid reflux stays far, far away. This morning was not very fun...wah. 


Guess the only pics from that nite are of myself, oops!



XO,

Amanda


P.S. Fake lashes are amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment