Sunday, April 5, 2009

Food and Exercise 9

-2 blueberry waffles (135 cals)

-8 oz bolthouse farms vanilla chai protein drink (160 cals)

-water (over 100 oz) (0 cals)

-side chopped salad (guessing 300 cals?)

-About 4 oz of salmon with a honey dijon topping (guessing 450 cals, just b/c I assume they cooked it in oil?)

-part of a side of jasmine rice (100ish cals)

-snow peas that appeared to have oil on top (150 cals?)

-bowl of fruit salad (organic granny smith apple, organic strawberries, frozen pineapple) (150ish cals)

-3 vodka sodas (about 225 cals)


(tentative) total: 1670


Borderline terrible-ish. I almost did better when I went to a concert and had school all day and had 7 drinks! Viva la weekend? :-P I guess at least I got in some good nutrients, but also a lot of unnecessary stuff too and way too much oil at the restaurant. I only use a tiny bit of oil when I cook at home, so I always forget how free they are with it when you go out. Bummer. It tastes better without so much anyway!


I've got to start eating at home more or being more sure about calorie information/what they put in my food at restaurants. I have been improving, but I'm a perfectionist and it's not good nor fast enough progress! Plus it's just not good for you to eat out so much. Period. I can't believe the vast majority of my meals in my entire life have been eaten out. Not good. I was going to get the chopped salad plus soup, but their only soup was broccoli cheese and I thought fish was a smarter decision. Now I'm not so sure! I don't really care THAT much as long as I'm not eating crazy calories, but it does suck to say a specific goal number, like 1400, and exceed it. Especially when I really did actively try today! I'm also dying for some dark chocolate with peanut butter on top, but I spent those calories on the fruit bowl, so I guess I'll abstain until tomorrow. Sunday's usually my fave food day of the week anyway, since I get a proper breakfast with my Dad. Mmm breakfast.


OK, but ew, for a snack earlier I made a yogurt/fruit/granola bowl and I took a bite and...omg. The granola was purchased in January, but I had it tightly closed and everything, so it still seemed fine. But....I took one bite and it tasted the way hamster bedding smells! That woodsy blah smell. Grossss. Needless to say I threw that out right away :-P. 


On the plus side, I finally did a little bit of.....exercise! What? Me? Yes! I busted out one of my workout DVDs and did the 1 mile Walk from one of the Walk Away the Pounds series and I used 2lb hand weights for the arm stuff, since I don't have their fancy lil weight balls. I did it not once, but twice. Once in the afternoon and once at night for a total of approx. 40 minutes including warm up and cool down. I also did about 5 min of an am/pm yoga dvd (the pm version), but really didn't like it, so I stopped. I've done the am workout and I'm pretty sure I thought it was good, but either I'm v. out of yoga practice or it just sucks, but the pm workout was too confusing and boring for me. I'll have to play around with all of my yoga dvds again. 


Also, one last food rant: Looking at my calories kind of bothers me. My calories for the past week or so are SO inconsistent, which can't be good for health or weight loss. Even if I am staying around or below my goal calories for the most part, it seems bad to be so up and down with different caloric totals. I am still in the very beginning stages, so hopefully it will start to even out more naturally, but if not I'll have to be more diligent in planning. Right now my goal is more oriented towards staying in that 1400 ballpark without going hungry or feeling deprived or what have you, and I can say so far VERY good on that front. But eating under 1000 calories one day and closer to 2000 another is not right. In order to lose and maintain loss I know I'll have to find more stable patterns or my whole attempts will be futile. 


I think I'm going to finish Skinny Bitch tonite or tomorrow and sometime next week I want to pick up a copy of Naturally Thin by Bethenney Frankel. Can't wait to read that! Love her and it just seems like common sense. 


XO,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment