Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tentative Food Menu for the week

I just planned out a menu for this week. Who knows if I'll even stick to it, but I figured throwing some ideas out never hurt, right? I am curious if too many "fake meat" products are bad (from too much soy or whatever), but I am still trying to cut back on my meat and I guess one week of overload to start using up a few things in the freezer couldn't hurt. 

Monday:
-breakfast= the last 1/3 of my omelet and a cup of frozen grapes
-lunch= leftovers from pf changs (fish, veggies, and soba noodles)
-dinner= chili made with morningstar farm "meat" crumbles + beans & extra tomatoes

Tuesday:
-breakfast= oatmeal + nut butter & unsweetened coconut
-lunch= baked (or cooked on the stove top) tofu sandwich with baby portobello mushrooms, light cheddar, a bit of avocado, lettuce, tomato, and mustard 
-dinner= fish, veggies, and quinoa all cooked in white wine & low-sodium chicken broth with spices

Wednesday:
-breakfast= apple + 2 plain frozen sweet potato pancakes
-lunch= tempeh & veggie stir fry with soba noodles all in a peanut sauce
-dinner= italian restaurant w/ my cousin + other family

Thursday: 
-breakfast= oatmeal + nut butter & unsweetened coconut 
-lunch= tofurkey sandwich with cheddar & veggies
-dinner= salad + "chicken" parm (using morningstar farm herb chik'n patties) & sliced polenta

Friday:
-breakfast= apple + frozen waffle or two
-lunch= crumbled up veggie burger stir fry with veggies and some kind of sauce + a side of either sweet potato pancakes or mini spinach & potato knishes
-dinner=Chilis guiltless grill menu item 

Snacks for any day:
-frozen grapes, mango, apple slices, string cheese, akmak crackers, coconut milk yogurt, matzoh balls, celery with some sort of soft cheese or nut butter, plain frozen yogurt with fresh fruit, etc. 

I also still have about 5 of those rice pudding snacks left, so I could have those with a few chocolate chips for dessert some days, I have the other half of my pf changs chocolate dome, etc. 

Sounds pretty good, hope it mostly works out!

XO,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment