Sunday, April 26, 2009

Food and (minimal) Exercise 30



Woo-Hoo I've made it 30 days.

-2/3 of a spinach/mushroom/tomato/feta omelet made with better 'n eggs with fresh fruit (220 cals)

-lots of black coffee (0 cals)

-water (barely any.....40 oz? My Dad and brother keep promising to restock the water cooler and then not doing it!) (0 cals)

-one super small pork chop with my mom's famous zucchini and cheese (240 cals?)

-plain frozen yogurt with strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi (175 cals?)

-1/2 of the dark chocolate dome from pf changs w/ a little raspberry sauce (285 cals)

-small glass of lime seltzer mixed with a little pom juice (40 cals?)

-plain lime seltzer (0 cals)

-about 1/2 cup of frozen grapes (50 cals)


tentative total: 1010 cals




I was seriously eating pretty much every 2-3 hours or so (or more), it just doesn't add up to very many cals when it's all low-cal. 


We went back to iHop this morning. We used to go there every Sunday for a few months last year, but have since branched out. Nice to see they've added a decent health section to the menu. My omelet meal only had 660 grams (or w/e?) of sodium too. Not bad for a restaurant, especially at breakfast. It was quite delish too. I normally can only stomach egg whites in an omelet (ironically, I am technically mildly allergic to egg whites, yet only the yolks give me a stomachache in omeletes/scrambled eggs....but in fried eggs or poached or w/e I always feel fine. RANDOM. Not to mention I don't like the full egg omelet taste as much as just the whites), but the egg substitute wasn't half bad. I'd order it again for sure. The menu online says it comes with swiss, but our menu said feta and I LOVE feta so yay for me. It seemed like an herb feta? Really yum. 


I also finally tried the new fro-yo shop I noticed the other day (it's been open since March, zomg how did I not see it 'til this week?!) and O.M.G. I haven't had this blog long enough to mention my fro-yo OBSESSION. BUT OMG. So, we're not privileged enough to have Pinkberry or Red Mango here, BUT we have a few pretty good places. The best best BEST, though, was called Bliss. Yeah. WAS. They still have one or two locations, but none by me anymore. The one I always went to (seriously 1-3 times a week, but I easily could have gone daily) closed down, without warning, a few months ago. I've been DEVASTATED ever since. LOVED IT. You don't even understand. At first when I read a couple reviews they ALL mentioned it was great, but they only mentioned chocolate, vanilla, cookies and cream, stuff like that. Never plain, so I got worried. But when I saw the plain my lil heart fluttered away ;). 


ANYWAY.


So this new place? TOTAL BLISS CLONE. Probably not intentionally, but def the same texture, flavor, everything. I was tempted to do cartwheels in the parking lot, but I didn't want to risk losing a drop of the precious yogurt. AND this location is even a little closer to my house. How many times can I say OMG in one post? OMG! Love. If only they had mango or mochi. Mochi I can live without, mango...more of a deal breaker (I kid. Actually, the Bliss by me rarely had mango either, so....). But some review I saw of the place mentioned mango, so maybe they ran out. ALSO, I did the freezer test to see if it froze well/kept it's taste/texture. It so does! See, this yogurt is kind of more icy than creamy. I've found the creamier plain frozen yogurts taste off when refrozen, but Bliss-style is just as good. PLUS, this place has a HUGE HUGE cup I could just fill with the yogurt and add my own toppings to and eat all week (or for um, 2 days). 


But no, I'm not that excited or anything. Really.


XO,

Amanda


P.S. Exercise was minimal....probably a 15 min walk. Maybe 20, but I'd say that's stretching. Scary too. RIGHT before we were approaching my house, legit like...2 houses down, someone's dog got loose (GODDAMMIT PEOPLE THERE ARE LEASH LAWS FOR A REASON--and this wasn't the only unleashed dog we saw today) and came up and got in my dogs faces. OMG I scooped Bella up and ran her ass home. Luckily my Mom got Buster safe too. See, Bella was attacked by our own (rescue, formerly abused) dog this past December and lost an eye. NO WAY am I taking any chances ever again with my baby. The dog seemed friendly, but you never know, so GTF away from my dogs, plz. UGH. I coulda sworn I heard the owner calling the dog Killer too. Not very comforting. I swear I checked Bella's (only) eye/face on that side 10 times before I was sure she was OK. 


Oh yeah. I also lost .2 this week! Normally I'd be like wtf that sucks, but considering I ate 2,000ish cals 2 days, close to 1500 2 days, and anywhere in between I'm surprised I didn't gain. WOOHOO. Just think what my body would do if I actually ate right and exercised *gasp* :-P





No comments:

Post a Comment